The Holy Trinity Church in Belbroughton
The present Churchyard may be the site of the early Pagan religious ceremonies. The base of the existing Woodgate memorial is believed to be a Pagan preaching stone. After conversion to Christianity, it is thought a wooden Church was erected, to be replaced in Norman times with a substantial stone structure. Little of this remains but there is a Norman Chapel in the grounds of Bell Hall. The present Church was built at the beginning of the 14th Century but the Black Death of 1348/9 had a devastating effect on all activity and claimed the lives of three Priests. The list of Priests starts in 1305. The Church at that time was highly decorated and traces of the original colours can just be seen.
In the Nineteenth Century restoration work started with the Chancel of the old Church. At the turn of the Century a new Nave and Chancel were built on the North side, leaving the old Church as the South Aisle and Lady Chapel. The glass has good examples of Nineteenth Century work by Kemp and others.
The bells date from 1781